Congrats to Anthony Lynn and the Chargers for making history in a 31-30 loss to the Denver Broncos. No other team has blown a 17+ point lead in 4 straight games. We’ll break that one down later because Justin Herbert continues to look nice in every aspect. Dalvin Cook erupted for 4 TDs. Why have the Vikings only produced 2 wins this year? After starting the season perfect the Tennessee Titans have dropped two straight games. Things got spicey in the Bears Saints games with punches and cheap shots being thrown. In the Ravens game we saw an ejection and multiple scrums throughout the game. All-in-all, minus the Chargers melting down for the 4th straight game it was a solid Week 8 across the board. OK, except for the Browns being the old-school Browns only scoring 6 points on a Raiders defense that gives up 30 quite frequently. The Bills are probably just excited to see anyone else at QB besides Brady. Brady was 32-3 against the Bills.
Bills Need a Full 60 Minutes to Take Down Belichick
Patriots have done something they haven’t done since 2002 and that is lose 4 straight games. Cam Newton also rushed for a score becoming number 1 All-Time in career rushing TDs for a Quarterback. The Bills on the other hand have not had a player rush for 75+ yards in a game all season and they had two players do it this week. Singletary had 86 and Moss had 81.
Final: Bills 24 Patriots 21
Cook Cooks the Packers
The Vikings were one of the biggest upsets of Week 8 with their win over the division leading Packers. Dalvin Cook put the 1 win, now 2, Vikings on his back with 4 total TDs (3 rushing, 1 receiving). He totalled 163 yards on the ground and 63 receiving yards. Aaron Rogers and Devonta Adams still got their numbers but it wasn’t enough when Cook is cooking like that the Vikings are pretty good. Especially if the defense can hold Aaron Rodgers and the Packers to less than 30 points you are doing a good job.
Final: Vikings 28 Packers 22
Bengals Stop King Henry and the Titans Rush Attack
Joe Burrow is actually leading the NFL in passing attempts. So much for letting a rookie get his feet wet in Cincinnati. He was 26 out of 37 with 2 TDs and no interceptions. Burrow makes good decisions except he and Justin Herbert need to learn how to avoid more hits. They have proven to fans in OH and Southern Cal that they are tough. Slide or get out of bounds! Other then that he’s balling. Derrick “King” Henry, NFL’s rushing leader, still produced 112 yards and TD but the Bengals came out confident and stunned Vrabel and the Titans.
Final: Bengals 31 Titans 20
Ravens/Steelers 1st Matchup of 2020 Did Not Disappoint
The best matchup of the weekend did not disappoint. The always exciting Ravens vs. Steelers ended with the undefeated Steelers staying undefeated. The Steelers defense might be the best all-around defense in the league. This was full of excitement and even had an ejection. This one went down to the wire and was back and forth. Rookie JK Dobbins becomes the 2nd player in the last two years to rush for 100 yards on the Steelers.
- The Ravens have scored 20+ points in 30 straight regular season games. (Ties the longest streak in NFL history)
- The Ravens have scored in 26 straight quarters to start the season. (Longest streak to start the NFL season.)
- Ravens have 100+ rushing yards in 30 straight games. (3rd longest streak in NFL history.)
- The Steelers defense has 1+ sack in 64 consecutive games. (2nd longest streak in NFL history)
Final: Steelers 28 Ravens 24
All Eyes on Tua, but the Dolphins Defense Stuns Rams
The Rams came into week 8 feeling pretty confident apparently so did the Dolphins led by Tua Tagovailoa. Tua didn’t light up the stat sheet but he did enough to win. Or we should say Special Teams and Defense won the game for the Dolphins. We’ll see if that defense can stop the high flying Bird Gang from Arizona led by Kyler Murray and Deandre Hopkins. Cardinals Defensive Coordinator, Todd Bowles, will try to make him uncomfortable in the pocket. It’s Tua-Time in South Beach, the spotlight has never been too big for the Rookie out of Alabama.
Final: Dolphins 28 Rams 17
The Chargers Would be 5-2 Not 2-5 If They Played Hard All 4 Quarters
Finally, the record-breaking downfall of the Chargers. The Chargers have given up 16+ point leads in 4 straight games. Justin Herbert is the best thing to happen to the Chargers in the past 4-5 years maybe and it’s being spoiled by conservative 2nd-half play calling, missed field goals, and timely turnovers. At the end of the day someone on the staff needs to be accountable. Whether it be Anthony Lynn, DC Gus Bradly, or Offensive Coordinator Shane Steichen. The biggest question mark for the Chargers heading into this season was Tyrod Taylor at QB. Although he is 1-0 this season, Herbert is putting up Pro-Bowl numbers already. Here is a quick breakdown of how things got bad 4 games in a row.
- Week 4– Chargers were on top of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 24-7 in the first half. They ended up losing 38-31 and Tom Brady threw for 5 TD passes.
- Week 5– Chargers are on top of Drew Brees and the Saints on Monday Night Football. They’re up 20-3 late in the 2nd quarter and lose 27-30 in Overtime.
- Week 7– The Chargers had a bye Week 6 but Week 7 they had a 16-0 lead over the Jacksonville Jaguars and blew that lead and the Jags took a 29-22 lead in the 3rd quarter. However, the Chargers hung on to win the game 39-29.
- Week 8– The biggest heart-breaker of them all. Chargers up 24-3 to the rival Denver Broncos in the 3rd quarter and lost 31-30.
Final: Broncos 31 Chargers 30
- Falcons hold on to beat the Panthers 25-17.
- Browns go silent as the Raiders beat them 16-6.
- Old Man Rivers has the Colts at 5-2 after beating the Lions 41-21.
- Chiefs dominate Jets… Duh
- Foles and Brees go the distance and Lutz iced it. Saints win 26-23.
- Russell Wilson Continues his dominance over the 49ers (12-5 career) in another MVP performance (4 TDs-0 interceptions). Hawks win 37-27.
- Cowboys QB situation is in shambles. They might start a practice squad QB against the Steelers in Week 9. Anyway, the Eagles beat the cowboys week 8 23-9.
- Tom Brady throws a few temper tantrums to go with his 2 TDs and 0 interceptions. However, Daniel Dimes took the GOAT the distance and was a 2 point conversation away from taking the Buccs to OT. Buccs down the Giants 25-23.